Becoming a Running Start student is a big decision and being a college student during your high school years is not for everyone. Take a look at our Running Start presentation to help determine if you are ready for college level work during your junior and/or senior years.
Part of attending a college program earlier than most of your peers is an added responsibility of emailing teachers, professors, counselors and advisors, filling out applications and forms in a timely manner, staying organized and being able to ask for help when needed.
To become a Running Start student, complete the following steps:
- STEP 1 Research your options, review our Running Start presentation and/or attend any information sessions offered.
- STEP 2 Complete enrollment process for your chosen college:
- STEP 3 Make an appointment with your counselor.
- Parent/guardian attendance is required
- Running Start Enrollment Verification Form
Running Start students are responsible for scheduling appointments with their counselor for a new Running Start Enrollment Verification Form for each quarter they are enrolled as a Running Start student.
Don't forget to complete your:
*Running Start students do not qualify for Departmental Honors or GPA Cords.