National Honor Society
The purpose of National Honor Society shall be to create an enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote worthy leadership, and to encourage the development of character in the students of Lake Washington High School.
More than just an honor roll, National Honor Society serves as a distinction for those students who have demonstrated excellence in these areas. If selected, members must maintain a high GPA, be enrolled in multiple rigorous classes, and complete 30 hours of community service per year (40 for seniors) as they attend weekly meetings, tutor their peers, and participate in school-wide activities.
- Candidates eligible for selection to this chapter must be members of the sophomore, junior or senior class.
- To be eligible for selection to membership in this chapter, the candidate must have been in attendance for a period of one semester at Lake Washington High School.
- Candidates eligible for election to the chapter shall have a minimum cumulative weighted grade point average of 3.6 for all grade levels. This scholastic level of achievement shall remain fixed, and shall be the required minimum scholastic level of achievement for admission to candidacy. All students who can rise in scholarship to or above such standard may be admitted to candidacy for selection to membership.
- Upon meeting the grade level, attendance, and GPA standard requirements, candidates shall then be considered based on their service, leadership, and character.
- Applications will only be accepted once a year, during the spring semester. The chapter adviser, along with the officers, shall determine the dates for application distribution.
- The dates for application distribution will be posted at school.
- In spring 2022, current sophomores and juniors are eligible to apply. We will have a fall induction in 2022.
- Candidates must contact the chapter adviser or an NHS officer to pick up the application materials. Application materials will only be distributed to candidates and all materials must be submitted by the due date and time – no exceptions.
For any additional questions regarding National Honor Society, please contact Bethany Shoda.