Seniors Don't Delay! Be Prepared! Get your FSA ID Today!

The 2024-25 FAFSA & WASFA may not be available until sometime in December, but that does not mean you can't start the process now getting your FSA ID now so you when the FAFSA/WASFA is live you can immediately start the process. Note: You only complete the FAFSA or the WASFA not both. See information on this page to learn more about what application to apply with. Click here to download the worksheet to help create your account for the FAFSA or WASFA.
Who needs an FSA ID?
  • Student
  • All contributors (whose information will need to be included on the form.
What number should you use for the FAFSA?
  • Use SSN
  • If contributor doesn't have SSN: instructions coming soon.
What number should you use for the WASFA?
  • Use your SSN, DACA, or ITIN, if you have one. If you don't, leave blank.
  • All MUST provide consent.
  • Need different email addresses and phone numbers.
  • If multiple children or parent is a student, parents can use same FSA ID Account

Financial Aid Events

Intro to Financial Aid (English)
First page of the PDF file: 2023-24FinancialAid101English
Intro to Financial Aid (Spanish)
First page of the PDF file: 2023-24FinancialAid101Spanish


Financial aid can come from several sources: 

  • Federal: Funded by the U.S. Department of Education and can be used at most colleges in the U.S. 
  • State: Funded by States for their residents to attend colleges in their state. 
  • College: Funded by colleges in the form of scholarships/grants for students at their school. 
  • Private Organizations: These tend to be scholarships or private loans. 


There are four types of Aid that can come from several sources: 

  • Grants: income-based, that can federal, and state.
  • Scholarships: merit and income-based, from public, private, and nonprofit sources. 
  • Loans: income-based, that can come from federal, and private sources. 
  • Work-Study: income-based, federal, and state.


In Washington, there are two different applications for financial aid, but you only need to complete one:

  • Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) if you are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • Complete the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) if you are not eligible to complete the FAFSA due to immigration status, defaulted federal loans, or other issues with federal aid. 
  • Complete the CSS Profile for the schools that require it. 
Click on the title below to learn more.
FSA ID - Create Account
First page of the PDF file: 2023-24_12thYearFSAID_WASFA_Worksheet
Is my parent a contributor?
Is my parent a contributor flow chart.

Informational Videos

How much Washington College Grant funding will I qualify for?
What You Need to Know: FAFSA Simplification Act
Financial Aid Basics 101 (Fall 2023-24)
2023 Passport to Careers Financial Aid Workshop
Which Application Should I Use