We understand that the district closure will cause both confusion and concern. This is uncharted territory, and while we don’t have all the answers now, we will be sharing more details about how we will support you during the closure through updates on this Counseling Center page soon. For now, the following may address your most immediate concerns and questions:
- Stay safe and stay healthy: Practice self-care and try to manage your stress. If you have outstanding assignments, finish those up so that you feel a sense of accomplishment so you’re ready to hit the ground running once we return to school.
- Need additional community or emotional health and well-being supports? Connect with resources here.
- Junior Meetings: Counselors are currently working on a plan to complete junior meetings. Please check your email in the next couple of weeks for information on how this process will work.
- High School & Beyond Plan: You can complete appropriate grade level activities of your High School & Beyond Plan through Xello by accessing it through PowerSchool. On PowerSchool, click on “Apps” on the top right and then click Xello. More information can be found on LWHS HSPB/Xello under Extras. If you have questions, reach out to Ms. Lamance.
- College Admission Status Update: Check out this website for information about changes in all things college admissions--events, deposit dates, and more: https://www.nacacnet.org/college-admission-status-coronavirus
- Schedule Confirmation Sheets: Watch for an email that will explain how to change any 2020-2021 classes that you selected back in January. Make sure your selected classes meet graduation requirements.
- Running Start: If you are interested in Running Start for next year, check out LWHS’s website under the Counseling tab. Directions for Bellevue, Cascadia, and LWIT are explained in the PowerPoint. Once we return to school, counselors will meet with you and your parent to sign required paperwork.
- Online Coursework: If you are interested in taking an online course, please email your counselor to get the required paperwork. Do not sign up for any online course until you have completed the paperwork.
- Summer School: Information will be available on LWSD’s website.
- Urgent concern? Physical or mental health crisis that needs immediate attention? Please contact the 24 Hour Crisis Clinic: 866.4CRISIS (866.427.4747); 206.461.3222; TTY / TDD for the Deaf 206.461.3219
- Questions? Email your counselor to get answers to your questions. We’re here to help!