AP Testing May 7th- May 18th
If your student has not registered for an AP Exam, please delete/ignore this message. If your student has registered to take an Advanced Placement Exam, please read this reminder.
AP Exams begin May 7 and run through May 18. Students are reminded to:
• Bring picture ID (student ID or driver’s license)
• Bring your student packet
• Arrive at 7 am for morning exams; arrive at 11:30 am for afternoon exams
• Bring pencils, pens, and an approved calculator (if appropriate)
• No mechanical pencils or erasers (except those on pencils)
• Bring a snack/beverage for break period (place the snack in a plastic Ziploc bag labeled with student’s name)
• Dress in layers; no hoodies or blankets
• Leave your backpack and computer at home; leave your cell phone in the car
• Be on time; students will not be admitted once testing begins and they will not be dismissed early.
• Students should double check their assigned location and allow plenty of time to drive and park.
• No digital assistants, laptops, smart watches or cell phones allowed. Students using these items at any time, even during the break, will have the item confiscated and will put the student’s exam score in jeopardy.
Congrats to students who have taken on this academic challenge-- for putting in the extra study time, for stepping out of their comfort zone. We wish you well!
Students will pick up their AP Packets on April 27 during their lunch; they will need their photo ID and may not pick up a packet for another student. The packet contains their AP Exam number and their assigned testing location. They must have this information prior to the beginning of AP Exams on May 7.
Advanced Placement Exams
Advanced Placement exams are scheduled for May 7 through May 18. Registration will run from February 21 through March 7, until 1 pm. Students can pick up a registration packet from their AP teacher or from the Counseling Center beginning February 20. Included in this packet are the registration envelope, information handout, and AP Bulletin. The cost is $96.00 per exam. Payment can be made one of two ways:
For those paying by cash/check: Students will return the envelope with the test fee enclosed to our bookkeeper. Students pay at the window by 1 pm on March 7. Checks are made payable to Lake Washington School District. Students need their school ID card with them when they pay for their exams. Registration is now complete.
For those students paying on line: Parents pay through their parent access account. Students paying on line must print a copy of their receipt, place it in the completed envelope, and turn it in to Counseling by 1 pm on March 7. Registration will not be considered complete until we receive the envelope with receipt inside.
Students have been preparing all year for their exams. If they are unsure whether they should test, students should, of course, check with their individual subject teachers.