College & Career Center
If you have a job opportunity for our students, please complete our Job Posting Intake Form
We cannot post in-home job opportunities. Thank you for understanding!
Beyond four-year college, there are many options for continuing education and training after high school:
2 year community or technical/vocational college - one or two year degrees or specific career training programs
Apprenticeships - hands on career training for crafts or trades - "earn while you learn"
Gap Year - Volunteer and/or live abroad
Military – Full time and part time service
- Military Presentation (Myths vs. Reality, which branch should you choose and more)
Private Career Schools – Specific training program (i.e. culinary, aviation, NASCAR)
Download our Counseling Presentation: Community College, Apprenticeships, Military, Gap Year & more...
Follow us on Instagram @lwhscollegecareer
The College & Career Center will be hosting in person college visits this fall. Check out our calendar for all the upcoming participating schools & dates.
Kangs, you need to register to attend. Click here to register!
If you are senior and have an opportunity to visit some local schools for their preview days or campus tours, here are some opportunities that await!
WSU Spring Preview Day April 8, 2023:
Spring Preview is the perfect way to experience the unique atmosphere and energy of WSU while enjoying spring on the Palouse. During this visit, you’ll have the chance to attend an academic and student services fair, meet world-class faculty and students, and check out campus all in one day.
Saturday, April 8 |8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
University of Oregon Duck Days Spring 2023:
Duck Days is the University of Oregon's spring campus visit program for admitted students and their families. Whether you are a recently admitted senior finalizing your college selection or a transfer student from another college or university, don't miss this opportunity to:
- Explore a world-class university with an international reputation for academic excellence—the only member of the prestigious Association of American Universities in the state of Oregon.
- Find out about our First-Year Programs and why the number of freshmen who continue here at the UO is 20 percent above the national average.
- Discover the UO's superior student services and campus involvement opportunities.
Duck Days will take place on select Fridays in March and April 2023.
Registration will open in mid-to-late January 2023.
Oregon State Spring Preview Day April 14, 2023:
For high school students beginning their college search to apply for fall 2024 admission and for prospective transfer students, Spring Preview helps you learn the basics about Oregon State University!
Registration for these programs will open in January 2023.
Gonzaga Preview Days Feb 17, March 24th, March 31st, April 6th and April 28th 2023.
Gonzaga Preview Days provide prospective students the opportunity to spend an entire day on campus while interacting with current Zags, Gonzaga faculty, and Admission staff. At the end of the day, students and their families are welcome to meet with an Admission Counselor for an admission interview.
Scheduled events start at 9:00 AM and end by 2:30 PM, after which time optional admission interviews will be available and various open houses will run until 4:00 PM.
For more information, contact Nichole Swanger, LWHS College & Career Specialist. firstname.lastname@example.org
Online tours and info sessions help bridge the gap when students can’t check out a campus in person.
- The Washington GEAR UP program has information about visiting campuses in person or virtually. There are several resources through the "Visit A Campus" link. https://gearup.wa.gov/students/visit-a-campus
- GEAR UP also offers a series of virtual campus visits. These video presentations highlight colleges across the state, including a number of public and private four-year universities and two-year community and technical colleges.
- For schools with no virtual tours available, consider doing an online scavenger hunt. Use the form to research, compare choices, and find a good fit.