College & Career Center
If you have a job opportunity for our students, please complete our Job Posting Intake Form
We cannot post in-home job opportunities. Thank you for understanding!
Beyond four-year college, there are many options for continuing education and training after high school:
2 year community or technical/vocational college - one or two year degrees or specific career training programs
Apprenticeships - hands on career training for crafts or trades - "earn while you learn"
Gap Year - Volunteer and/or live abroad
Military – Full time and part time service
- Military Presentation (Myths vs. Reality, which branch should you choose and more)
Private Career Schools – Specific training program (i.e. culinary, aviation, NASCAR)
Download our Counseling Presentation: Community College, Apprenticeships, Military, Gap Year & more...
Follow us on Instagram @lwhscollegecareer
- Astronics AES is hiring here in Kirkland!
- Aegis Totem Lake
- City of Bellevue | Bellevue Aquatic Center
- City of Kirkland Seasonal Employment – Looking for a Summer Job?
- Fred Meyer Totem Lake
- I9 is Hiring Youth Sports Officials & Referees
- King County Parks is Hiring for Marymoor Park in Redmond
- Kingsgate 5 Pool is Hiring for Summer Lifeguard
- Kirkland Living Magazine and BeLOCAL Kirkland
- LizzyKate Tea Shop is looking for Tea-ristas!
- The Mountaineers, Magnuson Park, Summer Day Camp Counselors
- Papa Murphy's
- Safe Splash is hiring for Swim Instructors & Lifeguards in locations in Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Renton & Mill Creek
- Spuds Fish and Chips Juanita Beach is hiring!
- VASA Park is Hiring Seasonal Employees
- YMCA Camps
- YMCA is Hiring Sports Instructors & Sports Officials for Many Locations
Online tours and info sessions help bridge the gap when students can’t check out a campus in person.
- The Washington GEAR UP program has information about visiting campuses in person or virtually. There are several resources through the "Visit A Campus" link. https://gearup.wa.gov/students/visit-a-campus
- GEAR UP also offers a series of virtual campus visits. These video presentations highlight colleges across the state, including a number of public and private four-year universities and two-year community and technical colleges.
- For schools with no virtual tours available, consider doing an online scavenger hunt. Use the form to research, compare choices, and find a good fit.