Are you looking for a job to make a little money? How about an internship or apprenticeship to gain some industry experience? Or would you like to serve the community with some volunteer work?
In addition to the opportunities listed here, students have access to a complete list of employment, volunteer, apprenticeship/internship opportunities in Xello.
Student Opportunities Spotlight
University of Washington Summer Sessions
Summer Sessions is a great time for anyone thinking of taking a college course to check out the University of Washington — including U.S. high school students. Find out what college classes are really like, earn UW credit and check out our scenic campus by taking a course this summer.
Why UW Summer Sessions?
- The UW Experience. Attend classes in an engaging atmosphere on a classic university campus.
- College Credit. Earn college credit and start building your UW transcript.
- Diverse Student Body. Study alongside current UW students, adults and students from abroad.
- Top Teachers. Learn from well-respected UW faculty and instructors.
Job Opportunities Flyers
- Office Assistant - Close to LWHS
- City of Kirkland Summer Jobs
- Remlinger Farms
- City of Bellevue
- City of Kirkland | Youth Basketball Referees
- The Stroum Jewish Community Day Camp
- Seahawks NFL Flag Football
- Pedalheads Bike Camps
- PRO Club/PRO Medical Swim Instructors
- Madison House Senior Living
- A Child's Journey School
Worksite learning is an exciting program that affords students the opportunity to connect the knowledge and skills obtained in the classroom to those needed in the work environment. The best part is students earn credits by working! For every 180 hours, students earn .5 CTE credits. Learn more by visiting the links below:
Xello! Log in to your Xello account (ClassLink) to view a list of local internships that match your career pathway.
Speak up! Talk to teachers, parents, your parents' friends and let them know that you are interested in an internship.
Cold call. Contact local libraries, hospitals, museums, zoos, YMCAs, churches, newspapers, television stations, senior centers and other businesses to ask if they offer internships opportunities for high school students.
Employers If you have an internship opportunity for our students, please complete the Career Connected Learning Opportunities Form.
- Port of Seattle - High School Internship
- Seattle City Light - High School Internships
- Fred Hutch Cancer Center - Summer High School Internship Program
- UW Neurological Surgery Summer Student Program
- Fred Hutch Scientific Research & Medicine Internships Across the US
- King County Park and Trail Ambassadors
- Microsoft Student Ambassador - Quarterly Admissions
- Seattle Aquarium's Youth Ocean Advocate High School Volunteer Program
- Seattle Children's Research Training Program
- Spark Summer Internship Program
- Harborview Insight High School Program for Health, Biomed Research & Medicine
- Teens in Public Service – TIPS Interns – Closes March 3rd
- Seattle Aquarium - Cedar River Salmon Journey
- COPE Junior Health Scholars
- Coding For Medicine for High School
- Kirkland Downtown Association CLEAN SWEEP!
Xello! Log in to your Xello account (ClassLink) to view a list of local volunteer opportunities.
Cold call. Contact local libraries, hospitals, museums, zoos, YMCAs, churches, senior centers and other local non-profits to ask if they offer volunteer opportunities for high school students.
Check out this great "Where to Care Guide" for Eastside students. This includes many volunteer opportunities and ideas!
LWHS has a proud tradition of community service. If you have a volunteer opportunity for our students, please complete the Career Connected Learning Opportunities Form.
- Athletes for Kids (AFK) Youth Mentoring
- Camp Invention Leadership Intern
- Carnation Farms
- City of Kirkland Teen Volunteer Opportunities:
- Kirkland Arts Center Volunteers
- Lil Bit Therapeutic Riding Center
- Mountain to Sound Greenway Trust
- UW Botanic Garden Volunteer
- Teen Arts Council - Bellevue Art Museum
A pre-college summer program is a great opportunity for LWHS student to take classes at a college and experience college life during the summer. You can focus on a subject you are interested in and may have the option to stay on campus in dorms.
- Berkeley Changemaker Summer Pre-College program
- University of Washington - Summer High School Programs
- Take the LEAP Summit
- Virtual Cosmetic Science & Formulation Design Summer Camp (Deadline 5/12/23)
- Pharmacy & Science Career Camp (U. of Toledo)
- Columbia Climate School in the Green Mountains (Rolling admissions)
- Columbia Climate School Climate Corps Program (Rolling admissions)
- Other Pre-College Programs
The above list of individual(s)/agencies is being provided as an informational item for your convenience. The Lake Washington School District and LWHS College and Career Center do not recommend or endorse any of these individual(s)/agencies and will not be held liable or responsible for any services provided by them. As such, the Lake Washington School District highly recommends that you conduct your own research and investigation and exercise due diligence before selecting any of these individual(s)/agencies for service for whom you would be working. Confirm the position meets your needs and that you understand all the job requirements.