Course Planning & Selection
- Registration for current LW students is now closed.
- Registration for current LWSD 8th graders is now closed.
- Registration for private / home school students
Did you know you can get a head start on college by earning dual credit while still in high school? Here is how you can do it!
Dual credit programs give students the opportunity to earn high school and college credit at the same time. Students who earn college credit are more likely to graduate high school, enroll in college, and complete college degrees.
Each dual credit program is a little different, but there are three main types:
- Credit by passing a college course
- College in the High School provides college courses that are taught at the high school, by high school teachers, with college curriculum, college textbooks, and oversight by college faculty and staff. Running Start students enroll in courses taught on-campus at Washington’s community and technical colleges and at select four-year colleges.
- Credit by exam
- Credit by articulation
- Students can earn credit through some career and technical education (CTE) courses with CTE Dual Credit.