High School & Beyond Plan
The High School and Beyond Plan is a robust and structured program for preparing students for life after high school. This is both a Washington State and Lake Washington School District graduation requirement. We use the Xello program to assist us in meeting the goals of this graduation requirement. These goals also reflect our mission that states, "Each student will graduate prepared to lead a personally fulfilling, responsible life as a contributing member of our community and greater society."
Inherent in that mission is the vision that:
- Every student is prepared for college
- Every student is prepared for the global workplace
- Every student is prepared for personal success
We are a team of 6 that guides lessons, provides supports and connects students with the Xello program. We are available for support during ROO Time and available by email. Please contact your advisor if you have any questions.
- October 10th - Freshman @ Sophomore Kick-Off
- October 18th - Junior Kick-Off
- November 15th - Senior Kick-Off
- December 20th - Senior Class Lesson
- January 31st - Freshman Class Lesson
- February 7th - Sophomore Class Lesson
- April 18th - Junior Class Lesson
- May 8th - School-wide Work-time
Recommended deadlines can be found on PowerSchool
Workshops and individual support are available as needed as students request. Please email your class advisor for appointments and inquiries.
Included below are the assignments students will complete to meet the High School & Beyond requirement.
Assignments by Grade
- Personality Styles
- Exploring Career Factors
- Getting Experience
- Work Values
- Career & Lifestyle Costs
- Workplace Skills & Attitudes
- Choosing a College
- Career Demands
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Career Back-up Plans
- Job Interviews
- Defining Success