Out of District Courses
Interested in taking an out of district course?
Though it is not required, if you are interested in taking an out of district course please follow the following steps below:
For Out-of-District courses needed as a prerequisite for LWHS courses for the 2022-2023 school year, the deadline for turning in Out-of-District forms is May 31, 2022. This applies to both LWHS students and current 8th graders.
1. If you are interested in taking courses outside of Lake Washington High School we will accept credit from any OSPI Approved Provider, click here for a full list.
Below are a few OSPI approved outside providers that are commonly used by students:
BYU Independent Study Online
Keystone National High School Online
Market Square Education
2. Students who wish to earn credits out of district must fill out and submit 2 forms in order to seek approval from administration.
*8th graders please turn in the forms to your 8th grade counselor
1. Appendix C – Request for Acceptance of Out of District Credit
2. Online Course Contract - Current 9-12th Graders
or Online Course Contract - 8th Graders
3. Please turn these forms in to the Counseling Office and it will be reviewed by administration for approval. You will be notified once it is approved via email. Then, you can proceed with registering for your course.
• Online courses can be expensive and the cost is the responsibility of the student/family.
• If you are a college bound athlete, NCAA expectations around out of district credit vary by provider. It is the student’s responsibility to use the NCAA Eligibility Center to determine if an out of district course is an NCAA approved core course.
4. Once you have completed the course, please provide the official transcript to your counselor. You can send it in via email, mail, fax, or drop it off in person.
Final transcripts for summer math are due to LWHS by August 15th. Transcripts should be sent to the registrar or mailed to LWHS, attention: Registrar. Once the transcript is received, we will update the student’s LWHS course request for math if there is space in the next level course.
How do I see my Counselor or schedule an appointment?
Counselors are assigned alphabetically by the student's last name.
Students, please use the Appointment Form under your counselor's name to schedule an appointment with your counselor or on behalf of your parent or guardian.
Click your counselors name to see their appointment form.
Parents/guardians please feel free to email your student's Counselor directly.