To report an absence, please do one of the following within 48 hours of the absence:
- Call Lake Washington High School: 425-936-1700
- Email: LakeWashingtonHSAttendance@lwsd.org
- Online via Skyward Family Access
- Please include the following in your message or emails:
- Your student’s first and last name
- Your student’s grade
- The reason for the absence
- Time of Late Arrival/Time of Early Dismissal
To report an extended absence:
- Please complete the Pre-Arranged Absence Form if your student will be missing one or more school days.
- IN ORDER FOR THE ABSENCE TO BE CONSIDERED EXCUSED, THE FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED ONE-WEEK PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF THE ABSENCE.
Parents and students, it is important that you understand that an extended absence from school places the student at a disadvantage in meeting course requirements. Our teachers will attempt to provide appropriate assignments in as much as is practical; however, in many cases it will be impossible to replicate or replace instruction that a student has missed. Teachers are not required to provide all class assignments before student leaves.
Because regular attendance is both an expectation and a critical component of student success, parents/guardians of students with excessive excused absences in a semester will be expected to contact our School Engagement Specialist in the Counseling Office and provide documentation to verify the excessive excused absences.
As mandated by State Law, students who accumulate 7 unexcused absences in 30 days or 10 unexcused absences in a school year will be referred to the King County Juvenile Court System.
Students whom are absent for 20 consecutive days will be withdrawn for non-attendance.
LWHS School Engagement Specialist: Roxanne Baxter