Parents Please note: If your student is arriving to school late, or leaving early for any reason, they must go to the attendance office to sign in and/or out. they also need a pass in hand before they leave campus. thank you for your help and attention to this.To report an absence, please do one of the following:
- Call 425-936-1701
- Email: LakeWashingtonHSAttendance@lwsd.org
- Online via Skyward Family Access
- Please include the following in your message or emails:
- Your student’s first and last name
- Your student’s grade
- The reason for the absence
- Time of Late Arrival/Time of Early Dismissal
To report an extended absence:
- Please complete the Pre-arranged Absence Form if your student will be missing one or more school days.
- IN ORDER FOR THE ABSENCE TO BE CONSIDERED EXCUSED, THE FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED ONE-WEEK PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF THE ABSENCE.
Parents and students, it is important that you understand that an extended absence from school places the student at a disadvantage in meeting course requirements. Our teachers will attempt to provide appropriate assignments in as much as is practical; however, in many cases it will be impossible to replicate or replace instruction that a student has missed. Teachers are not required to provide all class assignments before student leaves.
Because regular attendance is both an expectation and a critical component of student success, parents/guardians of students with excessive excused absences in a semester will be expected to contact our Becca Specialist in the Counseling Office and provide documentation to verify the excessive excused absences.
As mandated by State Law, students who accumulate 7 unexcused absences in 30 days or 10 unexcused absences in a school year will be referred to the King County Juvenile Court System.
Students whom are absent for 20 consecutive days will be withdrawn for non-attendance.