Senior Graduation Information
2023 Graduate Information
Date/Time: June 15th, 2023, 12:30-2:30 p.m. Doors open at 11:30 a.m.
Where: UW Alaska Airlines Arena
- There is plentiful seating at Alaska Airlines Arena. As a result we will not be issuing tickets for graduation unless you require handicap seating. Seating will be first come, first selected.
- If you require ADA seating, graduates, please complete this brief form. Only LWSD students can access this form so please collaborate with your family. NEW! If you ordered ADA Tickets, they are now available for pick up at the front office.
- Parking will be paid for by individuals (parents, family, etc.) attending of graduation on graduation – Use the pay by phone parking on the app. Signage is available in the parking lot. Cost will be $12.50 a day on Graduation Day. Click here for Self-Serve Parking Details.
- Parking will be in E18 parking lot (biggest parking lot)
- ADA Parking – drop off in front of Graves then move to parking lot, E17 parking lots for handicap or disabled.
- Personal Items:
- Guests can bring personal items into the arena.
- Guests should adhere to UW’s clear bag policy. Bags will be checked for prohibited items at entry (purses, backpacks, and diaper bags, etc.).
- Flowers are allowed.
- Empty water bottles are OK and encouraged for guests to bring.
- NO balloons, firearms, or alcohol.
- Concessions will be available.
- No other food/drink allowed
- Student expectations:
- Arrive wearing their caps & gowns (drop off location & time will follow)
- Professional dress under gowns
- Arrive on time
- No bags – unfortunately, there is no storage for these items
- Pictures will be taken by GradImages.
- GradImages will contact families directly to place orders.
April 2, 2023 (midnight): Student Speaker Auditions. Sign up on this FORM.
April 2, 2023 (midnight): Senior Speaker Selection. Student Speaker Selection Panel. Sign up on this FORM.
April 5th or 6th (after school): Time slots will be emailed to those auditioning.
April 10, 2023: Xello Assignments Due
May 2, 2023: Decision Day & Cap & Gown Distribution during both A & B Lunches
May 5, 2023: Destination Video Submissions Due
May 24: Honor Cord & Bi-Literary Seal Medal Pickup, College Career Center, Right After School
Students receiving cords or the bi-literacy seal medal will receive an email confirmation. Items will remain available for pick up in the Career Center after this date.
June 1, 2023: LWHS Senior Exit Survey, a graduation requirement. This survey will help us understand the various pathways that our seniors take when graduating from Lake Washington High School. There are also instructions inside for ordering final transcripts. The survey is required by June 1.
If you have any questions, please see your counselor.
June 1, 2023: Senior Award Ceremony, 6:30-8:00 p.m., Commons, Invites were emailed on 5/17/23 by Nichole Swanger.
June 3, 2023: Senior Prom
It is time to get nostalgic! Seniors are invited to return to their elementary school in their cap and gown and march through their old elementary school on Wednesday, June 7th! Fill out the link located here by noon on Friday, June 2nd. The times are listed by the school. Please allow time for parking and carpool if possible. Your elementary school can't wait to celebrate you!
June 8, 9, 12, 2023: All Grade Finals
June 9, 2023: Senior Farewell (LWHS PTSA Sponsored Event) followed by Senior Sunset (more details to follow)
June 14, 2023: Senior Breakfast followed by Graduation Rehearsal (students only)
June 15, 2023: Graduation, 12:30-2:30 pm., UW Alaska Airlines Arena
June 15- June 16, 2023: PTSA Sponsored Senior Party
LWHS Class of 2023 Livestream
Cap & Gown Questions for Jostens
Cap & Gown Sales are now open!
Questions regarding your order? Please contact Jostens directly. They are happy to help!
Email Jostenspnw@jostens.com or call 360-653-9102
Call for Pictures! Due May 5th | Class of 2023 Destination Video
Every year, LWHS celebrates the graduating class and their decisions for their future after high school through our Destination Video. We want to celebrate the Class of 2023!!
Complete the Destination Video form and upload a picture to be included in our Class of 2023 Destination Video celebration. We can't wait to celebrate you!
Check out last year's video: https://youtu.be/uOAnp-08MQE
Link to Form: https://forms.office.com/r/ziVvvQqbcv
Please submit by May 5th!
Questions? Please reach out to Ms. Swanger in the College and Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LWHS PTSA Sponsored Senior Party
Your senior is invited to a safe and fun-filled post-graduation all-night party presented by the LWHS PTSA. We provide transportation to two venues, entertainment, food and a memorable end-of-the year experience.
When: Thursday, June 15, 2023
Start Time: 8:30-9:30pm
End Time: 5:00 am on Friday, June 16, at LWHS
- $200 until February 21 (early bird pricing!)
- $200 between February 22 and May 15
- $210 between May 16 and June 4
- Ticket sales end June 4, 2023
- All ticket purchases are non-refundable.
Scholarships or installment plans are available. Contact Jodee Hull at email@example.com for more information.
How do you sign up your Senior? Click here to purchase Senior Party Tickets. You can also click here for additional information. You do not need to be a PTSA member to purchase tickets.
Questions? Do you want to help chaperone or plan the event? Contact the Senior Party Co-Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Class of 2023 LWHS Graduation Honors Key*
*Honor Awards are subject to change from year to year.
- Eligible students will receive an email informing them of their eligibility
- Running Start students qualify for GPA & Departmental Honors
- Eligibility requirements are noted below:
Additional Commendations will be presented at the Senior Awards Night on June 1st. Eligible students will receive an email invite to attend Senior Awards Night.
Students who have completed AP Seminar and AP Research and are eligible to receive the College Board’s Capstone Certificate.